Website Manager

Impact

FC

Impact FC

April 2019

Impact FC

Meeting Agenda

April 3, 2019

7:00 pm

Type of Meeting: Monthly Membership Meeting

Meeting Facilitators: Executive Board

I.      Call to order: 7:09PM

II.      Approval of minutes from last meeting Craig and Michael

III.      Financial report-presented by Jaime Brown. 3/31 $43K left in accounts; 2018/19 uncollected fees down to $7k (half of what we had last year at this time).

IV.      New business

a)       Concession Stand Signups-Stand has been open for two going on three weekends. Need people to start volunteering for the first 8:30 slot to open up.  Fields are being rotated so access to stand is not optimal this season. We will have ICRD send out message letting people know the stand is open and to visit. IFC Pres. Chris Barker will have signs made to put up at Complex to help improve traffic to stand. Input is welcome on other ideas.

b)       Summer Camp/Team Camp Dates-June 10th and July 15th (weeks of); Registration is open for June session; Information email will be going out club wide; Ages 5 and up that are made age appropriately; If you can’t make one week, go ahead and sign up for second week; camp being held at old Barium Springs YMCA which is ICRD’s new facility; camps are open to all soccer players not just IFC. Format: we include street soccer, world cup tournament; foot skills; etc. July 15th date will have a special guest and info on that will be out soon. We are offering two camps this year because last year, we only offered one and there was a lot of feedback that due to travelling players were missing out. We wanted to make sure that everyone had an opportunity to attend a camp this summer that wants to!

c)       Awards Night @ South River Baptist Church (May 10th)-6pm-7:30pm; vendors will be there including food, there will be auctions, giveaways, etc.

Concern brought up was the Church Speech given during ceremony last year. Does that need to be done again?  South River offers us their facility at NO charge and that is the stipulation. We have approached a couple other churches but they do charge. This will not be as long because 1. IFC knows what to do as second time around 2. We don’t have the Nike presentation 3. Craig isn’t new anymore, club is kept up to date on what we are doing moving forward.

If anyone can find a place big enough to do it for free without the stipulation, please let us know! We are always open to input!

d)       Social Media Presence-We need parents and players to get us photos, video’s, and have everyone engage in those posts to give us a bigger exposure. The more a post is interacted with, the more it appears on social media. Team managers or parents, if you take pictures/videos, send them to us!!!!! We will get them out there! We love promoting our players and teams. The more we grow our media presence the more our 501 c 3 is seen and that helps us get sponsorships and donations. Media can be sent via FB Messenger or email Jamie Baril directly: [email protected]

e)       19U Showcase Team-IFC has a showcase team every year so that the older players can be promoted and seen by college coaches to get them out there! As your players move up, we will get them seen to better their college level soccer careers.

V.      Old business

a)       State Cup Host Date (May 4th & 5th)-need help for field marshals, concessions. To help state out. It brings people to Statesville so if we help, we keep it, and the tournament in turn brings a lot of business to our city. 

b)       Crossroads Classic Date (May 18th & 19th)-need help for field marshal’s, concessions. This tournament needs to go well because it helps the club business supplement income. We do not charge players enough to cover expenses so THIS tournament is a tremendous contribution to our incoming money, allowing us to offer more affordable club soccer.

c)       2019/2020 Tryouts Date (May 20th -24th)-Academy will be week before (May 13th)

d)       If you have any feedback, good or bad for us as a club, PLEASE come to us, let us know! We are more than willing to sit down with anyone one-on-one to listen to any concerns you may have! We will also be sending out a survey monkey at the end of this season, so please be honest. We can’t improve your experience or our club without your input! 

e)       Team formation concerns: There is concern, especially now that it is tournament time, that we don’t have enough player to properly roster teams with enough players to cover our “what-ifs”.  There are a lot of teams who are on the fence within our club that can’t properly go into registering for the tournament because there are barely have enough to cover player injuries, unscheduled family emergencies, etc. Parent recommendation: Start merging teams to make bigger rosters; play kids in other tournaments besides our own; we can roster guest players (we have spare uniforms, so this can be done if needed at this point); The player numbers would grow immensely if players and parents helped get the word out there.  Utilize media, outings, etc. as a way to get the word out there.  Looking at players now versus start of Craig’s time here, player skill has grown immensely and watching them grow through the game has been very rewarding for everyone!

f)        For ALL future membership meetings-TEAMS need to be represented, there will be a fine for any team that is not represented. The team manager and board members that are part of a team do not count as representation in those capacities.

VI.      Adjournment

Next Monthly Meeting – May 7th at 7:00 pm